Highway 4 will be reduced to one lane south of Hwy. 55 at the North Fork Crow River crossing, beginning Monday, July 12, for bridge maintenance. The river crossing is between 365th Street and 380th Street. Crews will repair the concrete on the bridge deck and pier caps. The northbound lane will close first, and a portable traffic light will direct travelers through the work zone. A width limit of 12 feet will be in effect. When work is completed on the northbound lane, crews will switch to the southbound lane.
Repairs are expected to be completed by July 30.
Watch for orange cones
MnDOT asks drivers to:
• Slow down when approaching every work zone.
• Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
• Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
• Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300.
• Minimize distractions behind
• Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
Stay connected, informed
• Learn about road construction projects and studies (2021-2024) in southwest Minnesota and sign up for email updates at -MnDOT’s website http://www.mndot.gov.
• Join the Southwest Minnesota Facebook group for news, events, and updates.
• Follow us on Twitter @Mn-DOT
southwest for news, events, and updates.
• For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or get the free smartphone app at Google Play or the App Store.